Dr. Henry Oyharcabal, DC
From a very young age, Dr. Henry Oyharcabal was fortunate to have been groomed to focus on holistic, natural paths to health and wellness. His parents were skeptical when it came to automatically medicating any health concerns. They had both grown up in small farms in Southern France and were raised on natural organic foods.
As a native San Franciscan, Dr. Henry attended the University of San Francisco where he graduated pre-med. He then went on to earn his doctorate in Chiropractic at Life West University, graduating with honors. Dr. Henry also captained their soccer team to a division title. In Arizona, Dr. Henry mentored for two years with one of the largest practices in the country.
When Dr. Henry founded Atlas Health Center in 1992, his intentions were clear. He aimed to provide the best, all-natural chiropractic care in San Francisco to help restore his patients’ health and make a significant difference in all aspects of their well-being.
Atlas Health Center will help you achieve your wellness needs, improve your quality of life, and facilitate healing.
A prideful guest lecturer at the University of San Francisco, Dr. henry has set up a mentoring program for other physicians to learn the unique techniques for treating spinal disorders. His work with other chiropractors is appreciated by many as he instructs a class on Practice Management to other chiropractors seeking to serve more people.
Atlas Health Center has been certified by The Spine Research Institute of San Diego for case management of whiplash and other accident related disorders. We also take pride in being the San Francisco Pro Am Basketball League chiropractor, which showcases local pro and college players. Dr. Henry is often seen attending games with his sons Alex and Max, who both love the game.
Dr. Henry chose to study the Palmer Technique because it parallels his healing philosophy: Doctors don’t heal, yet assist in creating an environment where the body can heal itself. Even the subtlest of everyday stresses can misalign the spine and lead to back soreness, headaches, low energy, insomnia, lowered immune system, and chronic discomfort. The Palmer Technique helps restore the proper alignment and tension on the spinal cord. Many of his patients mention to him that they were afraid of chiropractors, but, once they got treatment, they learned how gentle and profound an adjustment could feel.
Here are some components that make getting care at Atlas Health Center so effective, long-lasting, and life changing:
- Dr. Henry treats you as a unique individual. No judgments! No generic approach to your treatment protocol! Your path to health and wellness is as unique as you are and I respect that.
- You learn the innate intelligence that controls and coordinates all function, healing, and growth of the body travels primarily through the nervous system, and your body has the ability to heal.
- You come to understand how comprehensive and valuable a chiropractic adjustment is, whether you’re currently in good health or poor health.
- Dr. Henry integrates your care into a realistic, manageable, and effective schedule. He’s here to fully support your goals and make living pain-free, in full health, a possibility and a reality.
- Without a doubt, optimum health begins with a healthy spine, yet that’s just the starting point. Dr. Henry’s treatment focus also includes addressing your nutrition and mental well-being. There is no separating them. If one is off, the others are inevitably compromised. It’s his mission to help you help restore and rejuvenate yourself to your optimal state of health.